Care Inspectorate Report, October 29th 2015
Following the previous Care Inspectorate report of November 2012 (see below) in which the Montessori Children’s House was considered to be operating at ‘a very good or excellent level with positive outcomes for children attending’, Children’s House was one of the few nursery schools in Scotland for which a ‘Validation Inspection’ only was considered appropriate. In this, the Care Inspectorate makes a number of highly supportive observations, some of which are summarised below:
- The school has ‘continued to develop the high quality practice reported on at the last inspection.’
- ‘Staff worked with children in a respectful and nurturing manner that promoted self-esteem. … Children’s behaviour mirrored the calm and gentle staff engagement and there was a tranquil atmosphere in the nursery. … Children were largely self-reliant in their play and learning. … Staff made very good use of observation, interacting effectively to extend children’s experiences.’
- ‘Children were happy, safe and confident. … [They] were focused and learning through rich and spontaneous experiences. They independently accessed a range of good quality resources which motivated them and encouraged creativity.’
- ‘This was a small, enthusiastic and highly motivated staff group, who were skilled and trained in Montessori. … Staff interactions supported children very well to achieve, develop independence and be responsible.’
- ‘The well organised and routinely evaluated nursery sessions led to highly positive outcomes for children.’
The full report of the Care Inspectorate (CS2011298611) can be viewed here.
Care Inspectorate Report, November 6th 2012.
In this report, when the school was still at the Holy Trinity Church Hall, the Care Inspectorate awarded the following grades:
· Quality of Care and Support – 5 – Very Good
· Quality of Environment – 5 – Very Good
· Quality of Staffing – 5 – Very Good
· Quality of Management and Leadership – 5 – Very Good.
You can view the report in full here. Our reference number is CS2011298611.